I understand The Local Government Act of 1989 and cannot be intimidated by TheCEO and /or TheOfficers.
AS A PREVIOUS FINANCIAL OFFICER OF A BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS I CAN ASSURE YOU THA TI WILL WORK FOR:
- No rate increases (I have a plan)
- Debt Reduction (I have a plan)
- No automatic contract renewal for the CEO.
- No automatic bonuses for officers without performance objectives met. Measurable performance indicators.
- I will work to bring officer salaries into line (down) with other bureaucrats,
- The ratepayer will be #1: FULL STOP,
- the protection and retention fo the Mornington Peninsula way of life.
- Insure that tourists pay their fair share of costs to the tune of $5 million (conservative estimate..I have a plan).
- Increased pension rate rebates for seniors and those in need.
- Increase number of tip tickets and add hard waste pickups (twice a year) at no additional cost to ratepayers
- To hold quarterly Ward Meetings where everyone can have their say
- To set up Working Ratepayer Consultation Groups to solve Ratepayer Problems rather than bureaucrats who have little “feeling” for the real problem.
- To improve Public Transport on the peninsula by encouraging the many groups working independently on the issue to band into a cohesive force to “fix” this atrocious problem.
- AND MOST IMPORTANTLY I WILL INSURE A NEW WAY OF THINKING… THAT RATEPAYERS NOT BUREAUCRATS RULE!!!!
I will report quarterly how i am doing against these criteria during my quarterly ward meetings.