Celi was elected in the last by election but has had time to show her true colors. Below are some of her attributes and voting record on some issues. You might notice that she looks like a facsimile of Gibb and I cannot ever remember when she voted independent of him:
- Votes against transparency
- Votes against accountability
- Argued against recording of Council Minutes and then, at the last-minute, when she saw she could not stop it put her hand up to make the motion to record them. This was rejected but she did get the privilege to second it with a glowing speech exactly opposite to her views.
- Voted against community consultation
- Voted against geo technical survey that now shows $10 million increase in pool costs
- Responded to Gibbs’ Italians corrupt not with scorn that he made it but rather joked about it: “Oh DG, if I didn’t know you better this would impact negatively on me! LOLThey are no cousins of mine… mine are further down south!! Beyond salvation..Bella figura!! Right.. time to take out my violin case and…well.. start to play the violin”.
- Voted for Rates rising every year she has been a Councillor.
- Has not opposed projects causing Shire debt potentially rising to exceed $50M. It will be among the highest of any of Victoria’s 79 councils.
- Refused to support release Ombudsman’s report on CEO
- Supported reappointment of the CEO without advertising the post.
- Consistently votes for the proposed Rosebud foreshore pool, despite the site breaching State policy and at a huge cost burden to Ratepayers. Refuses to consider any other options
- Voted against discussing the proposed Rosebud pool at Public Consultation Meetings.
- Attempted to stop a resolution looking at an alternate location for the pool that all other councillors were supporting. Pouted when denied and then went off with a political grandstanding speech.
- Claims that there is “overwhelming” support for the pool on the foreshore even though she has never held a public consultation on the issue to hear what her constituents have to say and that subsequent public forums and petitions dispute.
- Is caustic, abusive and argumentative when someone disagrees with her view of the world. i.e. My Way or the highway.
- Would not consider and alternate pool site in the ward she represents even though it held great potential for employment and future sports complex developments
- great supporter of Tourism but not that the tourists should pay their way and therefore putting the burden on the ratepayers to pay the costs they create.
- does not own property on the peninsula so hard for her to relate to rate increases.
- Argued with prejudice against Multi-Councillor wards in order to protect her power base. inspired and “inspiring” speech from her partner on the same subject. He Presented himself as a private individual to try to “fool” the Victoral Electrical Commisson (VEC) board. now we see candidates coming “out of the woodwork” as a result of the VEC not following Her flaued thinking.
- Supported letter from legal firm hired by Mr. Michael Kennedy; DBA, OAM, CEO, “Principal Servant, Practitioner, Expert on Everything and Doctoral Researcher”: Mornington Peninsula’
to VEC threatening them with legal action for bias if they did not rule in favor of CEO, Officer and selected Councillors and keep single Councillor wards.